A 119-horsepower Volvo D4J diesel brings the EC140E excavator into Tier 4-Final compliance and boosts engine power by 5 percent and fuel efficiency by 10 percent compared to its predecessor, Volvo says. Operating weight is 28,880 to 35,620 pounds with maximum dig depth of 18 feet 3 inches.
Hydraulic system upgrades match engine power and reduce power losses, the company says. Included is a redesigned main control valve and new software.
Cab improvements include redesigned joysticks, keypad, panel and LCD monitor. Volvo has reduced the number of switches by 50 percent, and some functions can be assigned a shortcut button on the joystick. Views from both the standard rear-view camera and optional side view camera are displayed on the 8-inch monitor.
An attachment-management system allows the operator to pre-set and adjust the hydraulic flow and pressure for up to 20 different attachments.
The Volvo Lifetime Frame and Structure Warranty covers the boom, arm and frame for as long as the initial owner keeps the machine.
Volvo EC140E Excavator Specifications
- Engine: Volvo D4J
- Max. power, net: 119 horsepower @ 2,000 rpm
- Max. lifting capacity along undercarriage (15’1” boom and 8’2” arm ): 8,200 pounds
- Max. digging reach: 27 feet 5 inches
- Max. digging depth: 18 feet 3 inches
- Max. bucket breakout force: 20,480 lb.-ft.
- Operating weight: 28,880-35,620 pounds