Intelligent Fleet Care, a collection of digital tools that monitor truck data, will be standard for five years on all trucks ordered after December 15, 2020. The company says that the software can save $12,000 per truck over five years, depending on application.
“With Intelligent Fleet Care, we are delivering what our fleet customers have told us they are looking for,” said Chintan Sopariwala, VP, aftersales operation & connected vehicle for Navistar in a prepared statement. “They want actionable insights into the health status of their fleet and what needs to be done to keep it up. They want a faster, more efficient service and repair process. And along with this, they want predictive diagnostics and other solutions that enable them to optimize the fleet’s performance. With Intelligent Fleet Care, they will now command all these benefits in one comprehensive package.’
Intelligent Fleet Care builds on the brand’s OnCommand Connection advanced remote diagnostics and its International 360 service communications and fleet management platform. It provides monitoring of all makes of trucks and can integrate data from 28 telematics providers.
Intelligent Fleet Care adds multiple solutions that are driven by vehicle performance and telematics data:
- Fleet Health Monitoring delivers greater uptime by helping fleets avoid roadside breakdowns and derate events.
- Advanced Preventive Maintenance delivers maintenance cost savings through more efficient preventive maintenance planning and fewer premature oil changes.
- Advanced Fuel Analytics is a premium tool that helps fleets identify opportunities for increased fuel efficiency through driver coaching.
- Tire Pressure Monitor Reporting is a premium tire pressure management solution that enables fleet- and driver-level visibility to TPMS data, helping to ensure that vehicles are being operated safely, with optimal fuel efficiency and longer tire life.
- Over the Air Programming provides unlimited programmable parameter updates and enables vehicle software calibration updates without taking vehicles out of service.
- Gateway Integrations enable the use of Navistar's factory-installed telematics device to provide access to select third-party fleet management tools of the customer's choice, saving up to $500 in upfront hardware costs.
“We are committed to incorporating proactive and predictive maintenance tools into our daily operations to improve uptime and reduce costs,” said Tony Wahl, director of equipment purchasing, Werner Enterprises, in a prepared statement. “Intelligent Fleet Care is already delivering results in these areas. It shows the extensive partnership we’ve had with International, and the strong promise for our fleet management needs moving forward.”