Women of Asphalt (WofA) has named its 20 to Watch in 2020. Women on the list exemplify the values, mission, and goals of WofA.
The list includes women in leadership positions, influencers, thought leaders, and newcomers to the asphalt industry. All have demonstrated success in the asphalt industry, affected positive change, served as a mentor, and given back to their community.
The National Asphalt Pavement Association magazine, Asphalt Pavement, feature these women in the July/August issue. WofA will be featuring one each day on its social media platforms and website at www.womenofasphalt.org.
The WofA 20 to Watch in 2020
- Luiza Barros -- Central Design Lab Manager, TexasBit, Irving, Texas
- Jessica Blackburn -- Chief Manager, Crown Paving, Nashville, Tennessee
- Adriana Clark -- Southeast Region Director Office of Small Business, SE Region, U.S. Department of Transportation, Miami
- Karen Deal -- Director, Environmental & Land Use, Lakeside Industries, Seattle
- Beth Duffus -- Project Manager, Granite Construction, Pacific Northwest Region, Lake Stevens, Washington
- Kristina Eiting -- General Manager, Asphalt, Owens Corning, Toledo, Ohio
- Kelly French -- Project Manager, Brannan Sand & Gravel, Denver
- Susan Green -- Paving Territory Manager, Caterpillar, Oswego, Illinois
- Mary Katherine Harbin -- Area Manager & EEO Officer, Maymead, Statesville, North Carolina
- Sallie Houston -- Technical Manager, VSS Emultech, West Sacramento, California
- Colby Kimmel -- Assistant State Roadway Engineer, Mississippi Department of Transportation, Jackson, Mississippi
- Amy Epps Martin – Professor, Texas A&M University & Researcher, Texas A&M Transportation Institute College Station, Texas
- Nika Mathis -- VP & In-House Counsel, MAGO Construction, Bardstown, Kentucky
- Meredith Mills – VP of Business Development, Champaign Asphalt Co., Champaign, Illinois
- Tanya Nash -- Pavement Materials Engineer, Asphalt Testing Solutions & Engineering, Jacksonville, Florida
- Mandy Neese – VP, Asphalt Paving and Concrete Construction, Peachtree Corners, Georgia
- Kayla Ragsdale -- Chief Financial Officer, Hutchens Construction Co., Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Lindsay Wallace Smith -- Safety Director, Palmetto, Conway, South Carolina
- Aida Valencia -- Superintendent II, City of Los Angeles, Bureau of Streets LA, Los Angeles
- Ellen Voie -- President, CEO, & Founder, Women in Trucking Association Inc.
Founded in 2017, WofA, a 501(c)(6) organization, works to foster and promote mentoring and networking opportunities for women in all facets of the asphalt industry, to create professional development opportunities for women in asphalt through education and training, to advocate for women in the asphalt industry, and to encourage other women to join the asphalt industry. In addition to traditional board of director duties, each board member is responsible for leading a national working group and furthering mission-focused initiatives.
It is a national coalition supporting women in all aspects of the asphalt industry through mentoring, education, and advocacy, and by encouraging women to seek careers in the asphalt industry.
Source: Women in Asphalt