World of Asphalt and the National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA), opened registration for the first ever “People, Plants, and Paving” Digital Conference. Attendees can register at WorldOfAsphalt.com.
“We’re excited for this new, digital experience for asphalt paving professionals,” said NAPA President & CEO Audrey Copeland, P.E., Ph.D. “Covid-19 won’t stop us from providing world class education and training for the asphalt pavement industry.”
“We already have 60 education sessions confirmed so far,” said World of Asphalt Show Manager Brittany Weltcheff. “This is going to be one of the best lineups of professional education sessions ever offered, and everyone can access the content safely from their own home or office."
The sixty-session lineup, ranging across five different tracks, feature a number of the asphalt paving industry’s best and brightest.
“National Asphalt Pavement Association members and stakeholders have a lot to gain from this lineup,” said NAPA President & CEO Audrey Copeland, P.E., Ph.D. “We selected these individuals based on the quality of the content, their expertise, and their ability to present it effectively in a virtual environment.”
The conference sessions include:
- People: 10 Commandments of Supervision – Larry Kokkelenberg (Organization Trainers & Consultants).
- Plants: Pavement Design for Practitioners – Trenton Clark (Virginia Asphalt Association) and Michael H. Huner, PE (Huner Consulting, LLC)
- Paving: Best Practices for Residential and Commercial Paving – Brian Hall (LeeBoy).
- Pavement Preservation: Choosing the Right Pavement Preservation Treatment – Jim Moulthrop (Foundation for Pavement Preservation) and David Peshkin (Applied Pavement Technology, Inc.).
- Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability: Getting the Green Into Your Paving Job – Sustainable Construction Practices for Asphalt Pavements – Adam Hand (University of Nevada – Reno) and Steve Muench (University of Washington).