The Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) will conduct its annual seminar for off-road equipment industry supply chain and procurement professionals on June 16-18, 2008 at the Hilton Minneapolis in Minneapolis, Minn.
This is the only industry-specific seminar geared to helping attendees better manage the increasingly complex supply chain, purchasing and procurement processes.
The seminar will focus on the supply chain cycle, with educational modules covering:
- Competitive advantage of high-performing supply chains
- Supply/demand management - sales and operations planning
- "Going green" in the supply chain
- Supplier relationship management (SRM) strategies
- Merits of metrics – finding the right performance benchmarking tools
- Negotiation techniques to cut costs and delivery times
- Organizational change "survival skills"
- Economic outlook: impact on sales, margins and profits
Business and industry experts will offer case studies and presentations on best practices, and roundtable sessions offer opportunities for peer-to-peer discussions of key issues in the supply chain cycle.
"The list of pressures on today’s supply chain is growing, including outsourcing, technology change and economic fluctuation. Now, more than ever, companies need to reassess their supply chains, which can be a significant source of competitive advantage in today’s fast-moving, global marketplace," stated AEM’s Chuck Frey, who oversees the association’s supply chain/purchasing council.
AEM’s educational programming offers CEU - Continuing Education Units. Registration information and complete seminar details are posted online in the "education" section of the association's website - www.aem.org.