"Lots of manufacturers boast about their machines’ fuel efficiency. They take out ads and produce all kinds of impressive sounding numbers. But we’re skipping the fluff and backing up our claims with cash," said Chris Neville, the general manager of sales and marketing for Doosan Infracore America.
"Doosan equipment consistently delivers on its promise of reliability," Neville added. "By compiling our customers’ hands-on information from the field we will continue to strengthen the case to potential customers that our machines’ are durable, easy to maintain, comfortable to operate and fuel efficient. We want everyone to know that we’re willing to back our commitment to quality."
Among the many costs of owning and operating equipment, fuel costs have become the most immediate and largest daily out-of-pocket expense. While the total cost of ownership should be considered, in many cases that can be nebulous and savings can be difficult to quantify.
"Doosan has invested years of engineering excellence and experience in the field in the development of engines that are more efficient and more durable, which ultimately lead to greater productivity and reduced operating costs for customers," said Chad Ellis, product and governmental sales manager. "We build our machines so that customers are saving money right now as well as in the long term."
Building a bank of data through the fuel consumption challenge will help supplement the research and testing that Doosan already does as it develops new models and continues to improve its technology. The data from hands-on operators will add another dimension to Doosan’s ability to evaluate and address what customers are facing on job sites under varied conditions. That understanding could lead to new products and support services, or refinements to standard practices such as maintenance schedules.
Doosan’s fuel challenge is slated to run from Oct. 1, 2008 – Dec. 31, 2008 for new Doosan loaders and excavators purchased during that time period. According to the program rules, to qualify for the $2,000 award:
- These new machines can be compared to any comparable equipment already owned by the customer (including older Doosan models, and all DX and DL models);
- The customer must currently own the comparable machine (rental or loaned equipment is not eligible). It must be comparable in size to the Doosan machine and be Tier III compliant.
- The configuration (boom and bucket, shear, hammer, etc.) and application of use must be similar.
- All customer fuel data must be recorded via the Doosan Data Worksheet available for download at www.doosanfuelduel.com. Data for fuel consumption must be gathered over thirty (30) full operating shifts.
- The customer must submit all fuel data via the Doosan Fuel Consumption Guarantee website (www.doosanfuelduel.com) or to Doosan via fax directly to 770-831-0905
The customer’s fuel consumption data will be validated and the $2,000 gift card will be sent in six to eight weeks.Visit www.doosanfuelduel.com for more program details.