Ford announced it is acquiring Electriphi, a California-based provider of charging management and fleet monitoring software for electric vehicles. Electriphi’s team and services will be integrated into Ford Pro, a new global business within Ford committed to commercial customer productivity and to developing charging and energy management experiences.
According to the company, Ford Pro plans on leveraging its leadership position in the commercial vehicle market, its vehicle offerings, and Electriphi’s technology to help customers with this transition.
“As commercial customers add electric vehicles to their fleets, they want depot charging options to make sure they’re powered up and ready to go to work every day,” said Ford Pro CEO Ted Cannis. “With Electriphi’s existing advanced technology IP in the Ford Pro electric vehicles and services portfolio, we will enhance the experience for commercial customers and be a single-source solution for fleet-depot charging.”
The Electriphi acquisition comes as Ford prepares for the launch of all-electric versions of the Transit van and F-150 pickup. Ford will start shipping E-Transit to customers later this year; F-150 Lightning Pro will be available in spring 2022.
Ford Pro, a key part of the Ford+ plan for growth and value creation, will deliver work-ready vehicles, products, and services including:
- Ford Pro vehicles – Ford’s broad lineup of combustion-engine and hybrid commercial vehicles and, soon, all-electric versions of the company’s industry-leading vans and full-size pickup trucks developed for commercial use
- Ford Pro charging – hardware and software solutions for public, depot, and overnight home charging of electric vehicles so they’re ready to work again the next day
- Ford Pro intelligence – digital services, with distinct features integrated in vehicles that enable customers to better manage and maintain their fleets
- Ford Pro Services Elite – expanding Ford’s network of commercial vehicle centers by adding 120 dedicated, large-bay service hubs across the United States with extended hours and rapid turnaround, plus introducing 1,200 mobile service vehicles by 2025
- Ford Pro FinSimple – bundled financing for vehicles, services, and electric vehicle charging
Electriphi’s charging platform will complete the purpose-built, charging ecosystem services for commercial customers, including employee home charging, public charging, and e-telematics solutions. Ford Pro plans on making these services available in Europe at a later date.
The Electriphi acquisition is expected to close this month. Terms are not being disclosed. Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC is serving as Ford’s financial advisor in connection with this transaction.