The 215-horsepower Cat D6T dozer has a fully automatic, four-speed powershift transmission with an integral lockup clutch. The operator can set the desired ground speed, and the Auto Shift system chooses the optimal gear and engine speed to match operating conditions.
The transmission has an additional gear between first and second that allows the dozer to remain in the most efficient mode for a higher percentage of time, which the company says results it up to 2.5 percent greater productivity.
Operating weight ranges from 47,846 to 54,526 pounds.
The dozer can be equipped with various Connect GRADE technology, including:
- Cat GRADE with Slope Assist, which is standard, automatically maintains pre-established blade position without the need for added hardware or a GPS signal.
- Cat Slope Indicate, (standard), displays machine cross-slope and fore/aft orientation on the primary monitor, assisting operators to work accurately on slopes.
- Cat Stable Blade, (standard), complements the operator's blade-control input to achieve finish grades faster with less effort.
- Cat GRADE with 3D is an optional factory-integrated grade-control system that provides three-dimensional guidance both for production dozing and fine grading. The system feature roof-mounted antennas, and the Cat AccuGrade Ready Option is included with the system, as is the AutoCarry system that adjusts the blade for optimum load retention.
- Cat AccuGrade is a dealer-installed aftermarket grade-control system.
- AccuGrade Ready Option allows the machine owner to upgrade to an AccuGrade 2D or 3D system as requirements demand.