Cat D5 crawler dozer has an operating weight range of 37,875 to 42,263 pounds. The update from D6N to D5 is part of an effort to make all Cat dozer model names simpler, according to the company.
The 170-horsepower bulldozer uses fully automatic 3-speed transmission with lock-up clutch. Steering improvements and enhanced powertrain controls offer enhanced performance and control.
A redesigned cab offers more space, seat control adjustments, and a 10-inch touchscreen operator interface. A standard High Definition rearview camera shows prominently in the main display. Overall visibility is enhanced with about 15 percent more cab glass area, and a steeper hood angle that provides 30 percent better forward visibility to the crawler dozer blade and work site.
The dozer has Cat Grade with 3D. Advanced Inertial Measuring Units (IMU) provide greater speed and accuracy without position sensing cylinders.
Additional Grade technologies include:
- Cat Grade with Slope Assist provides basic blade positioning assistance without added hardware or a GPS signal.
- Cat Slope Indicate is standard, showing the machine cross-slope and fore/aft orientation on the primary monitor for quick and easy reference.
- Factory Attachment Ready Option (ARO) provides optimal mounting locations, brackets, and hardware and simplifies installation of an aftermarket grade control system. The new D5 makes it easier to install any brand of grade control system.
Cat Link telematics technology helps take the complexity out of managing job sites by gathering data generated by equipment, materials, and people.
- Product Link collects data automatically and accurately from equipment assets which can be viewed online through web and mobile applications.
- Remote Services is a suite of technologies consisting of Remote Troubleshoot and Remote Flash that helps improve your jobsite efficiency.
- Application Profile and Operator ID help you save time by saving preferred machine settings.
Enhanced Power Train Control
The D5 helps make steering and slope work easier.
- Hill Descent Control maintains preselected machine speed, without using the service brakes, for added control when working downhill.
- Hill Hold automatically engages the brakes to hold position when in neutral on a slope.
- Decel Brake Pedal controls machine speed all the way to a complete stop, or for smooth inching control.
- Steering Radius Control uses steering and decel pedal input to automatically downshift for a tighter turning radius and more maneuverability.