Cat 924K, 930K, 938K small wheel loaders have Tier 4-Interim engines that save up to 30 percent on fuel compared with the H Series predecessors, Caterpillar says, and uses passive regeneration. Patent-pending Optimized Z-bar linkage accepts pin-on tools, the Cat Fusion coupler or an ISO coupler. Step-less, four-range, hydrostatic drive system allows independent control of ground speed and engine speed. Creeper control improves low-speed operations, the company says, and operator-controlled rimpull-control system reduces wheel spin and tire wear. Dedicated load-sensing, variable-displacement pumps for attachment and steering systems reduce horsepower draw. An electronic snubbing feature at end stroke and kick out positions reduces operating stress, the company says.
K Series Wheel Loader Specifications
- Horsepower: 142
- Operating weight: 28,460 lb.
- Fusion bucket capacity: 2.75 cubic yards
- Full Turn Tip: 16,180 lb.
- Horsepower: 156
- Operating weight: 30,560 lb.
- Fusion bucket capacity: 3.0 cubic yards
- Full Turn Tip: 18,270 lb.
- Horsepower: 170
- Operating weight: 35,200 lb.
- Fusion bucket capacity: 3.5 cubic yards
- Full Turn Tip: 20,800 lb.