The American Concrete Pavement Association (ACPA) named winners of its 30th Annual “Excellence in Concrete Pavements” awards. The awards program encourages high-quality workmanship, quality, and creativity in constructing, rehabilitating, and restoring concrete pavement projects.
The award-winning projects were paved by 23 different contractors. Projects are located in 15 ACPA areas represented by ACPA-affiliated Chapters and State paving associations. Winners were determined by 41 professionals who devoted their time and expertise to serve as judges.
Reliever & General Aviation Airports
- Gold Award: Cedar Valley Corp., for Sioux County Regional Airport, Sioux Co., Iowa
- Silver Award: E&B Paving, for Runway 18-36 Extension, Delphi Municipal Airport, Delphi, Indiana
Commercial Service & Military Airports
- Gold Award: Ideker, for Taxiway Bravo Rehabilitation/ Phase 2, Kansas City International (KCI) Airport, Platte Co., Missouri
- Silver Award, The Lane Construction Corp., for Naval Air Station Oceania, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Gold Award: Hi-Way Paving, for Runway 5-23 Rehabilitation, Grand Strand Airport, North Myrtle Beach, S.C.
RCC (Special Application)
- Gold Award: FBC Vanguard Construction, for Roller Compacted Concrete Streets, Roseville, California
- Silver Award: Andale Corp., for DOT 4 ft. Shoulder and Ramp Replacement, Guilford/Randolph County, N.C.
- Gold Award: Ryan Companies US, for Walmart Southeast Import Distribution Center, Mobile, Alabama
- Silver Award: A.G. Peltz Group, for Container Yard 1 and East End of Barbours Cut Terminal, Houston, Texas
- Gold Award: McCarthy Improvement Co., for CSX Intermodal Terminals, Winterhaven, Florida
Concrete Pavement Restoration
- Gold Award: Duit Construction, for Interstate 35/Interstate 40 Patching, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Silver Award: Interstate Highway Construction, for Taxiways F & G Rehabilitation Project at Denver International Airport
- Gold Award: Interstate Highway Construction, for County Road 47, Weld County, Colorado
- Silver Award: Cedar Valley Corp., for County Road T-26 Marble Rock, Floyd County, Iowa
Municipal Streets & Intersections (>30K)
- Gold Award: Castle Rock Construction Co., for Meridian Boulevard Phase 1
- Silver Award: Prus Construction, for KY 9 Connector-Roundabouts, Newport, Kentucky
Municipal Streets & Intersections (<30K)
- Gold Award: Ptaschinski Construction Co., for Main Street and Horicon Street Reconstruction, City of Mayville, Wisconsin
- Silver Award: Complete Concrete, for Mt. Rushmore Road Reconstruction – Phase III, Rapid City, S.D.
- Gold Award: Emery Sapp & Sons, for Route 36 Osborn Curve Reconstruction, DeKalb County, Missouri
- Silver Award: Primco, for U.S. 6 Reconstruction, Noble County, Indiana
Overlays (Streets & Roads)
- Gold Award: Milestone Contractors, LP, for Cannelburg Road, Phase III, Daviess Co., Indiana
- Gold Award: E&B Paving, for Thin Concrete Overlay, State Road 3, Henry and Delaware Counties, Indiana
- Silver Award: Croell, for Fiber-Reinforced Overlay Project, MN Highway 63, Rochester-Zumbro Falls, Minnesota
Divided Highways (Rural)
- Gold Award: Cedar Valley Corp., for US Highway 20, Woodbury/Ida Counties, Iowa
- Silver Award: Golden Triangle Construction, for I-376, Airport to Business 376, Alleghany, Pennsylvania
Divided Highways (Urban)
- Gold Award: Archer Western Construction, for Northwest Corridor Express Lanes, Atlanta, Georgia
- Silver Award: Koss Construction, for I-440 from Arkansas River Bridge to 140 , Little Rock Arkansa
Source: The American Concrete Pavement Association