Powered by a Tier 4-Final-compliant Volvo D13 engine, the Volvo EC480E crawler excavator, with a maximum operating weight 117,510 pounds, features four work modes for tailoring the machine to the task and also provides an ECO operating mode designed to boost overall efficiency with no performance losses.
An idle-reduction system yields further fuel savings, and a gauge in the cab allows operators to check both current and average fuel consumption. The EC480E uses added superstructure cover plates to prevent damage to the underside of the machine from rocks and debris, and routine maintenance is simplified by grouped service points and a cooling package that places the radiator, charge-air cooler, and hydraulic-oil cooler side-by-side for easy access.
Volvo EC480E Specifications
- Engine: Volvo D13J
- Power: 371 horsepower at 1,800 rpm
- Breakout force: 51,615 lb.-ft.
- Bucket capacity: 1.5 – 3.5 cubic yards
- Max digging depth: 25 feet 8 inches
- Lifting capacity along undercarriage: 38,040 pounds
- Operating weight: 100,310 – 117,510 pounds