The EC160E excavator meets Tier 4-F regulations with a 146-horsepower Volvo D4 engine. The model has an 8-percent increase in fuel efficiency, and 5-percent improvements in tractive force and engine power compared to its predecessor, Volvo says.
Operating weight runs from 36,222 to 45,988 pounds; maximum dig depth is 19 feet 11 inches, and bucket breakout force is 25,920 lb.-ft.
The Volvo advanced ECO mode reduces power loss and improves controllability and response time by working in tandem with the main control valve and machine software to ensure efficient electronic pump control.
Volvo EC160E Specifications
- Engine: Volvo D4J
- Power: 146 net horsepower at 2,000 rpm
- Max lifting capacity along undercarriage: 11,090 pounds
- Max dig depth: 19 feet 11 inches
- Max bucket breakout force: 25,920 lb.-ft.
- Operating weight: 36,222-45,988 pounds