Husqvarna Construction Products will introduce a remote-controlled demolition robot, the DXR 310, into the U.S. market later this year. Based on state-of-the-art technology, the new robot offers features and added benefits missing from other machines in its class.
"We have developed a demolition robot that has been thought out down to the smallest detail. Its weight-to-power ratio has been optimized to make it powerful but simultaneously lightweight. It is stable and has a long range, the low-profile body gives the user a better view and can successfully maneuver in restricted spaces." says Thomas Nilsson, Business Manager Demolition Equipment.
The main features include:
- A baseplate cast in a single piece, making it stronger and optimizing weight distribution. The plate includes parts such as fasteners, lifting loops and LED spotlights.
- The LED spotlights provide better light and are extremely durable.
- The robot is easy to maintain and has an easy-to-open hood lock for operations such as replacing the oil filter.
- Developed in house, the control system uses Bluetooth technology for transferring signals. Joysticks are used to operate many functions and the color screen displays easy to read information to the operator. The control system easily copes with harsh demolition environments involving heavy vibrations, concrete dust and water.
- The DXR 310 is designed for light demolition and indoor work, as well as for use in sensitive environments, e.g. within the processing industry. The robot is currently available in Europe and will be available in North America during the third quarter of 2009.
Husqvarna Construction Products is well-known for equipment and diamond tools used in the construction and stone industries. The product range includes power cutters, floor saws, early entry saws, tile and masonry saws, wall and wire saws, core drilling machines, surface preparation equipment and diamond tools for these and other applications.