Toughpad family of Android-powered tablets includes the 10-inch A1 model and 7-inch B1 device. Units can be used inside and outside. Security is embedded at the hardware level, and technologies such as hardware and software encryption, enhanced VPN, dual factor authentication, trusted boot and device management are available. The Toughpad A1 has a high-brightness, 10.1-inch XGA capacitive, multi-touch, daylight-viewable screen. A stylus and active digitizer are available. It has optional 4G (LTE or WiMAX) mobile broadband as well as Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi and satellite GPS. Prices start at $1,299 and include a three-year warranty.
Panasonic Toughpad A1 Specifications
• Operating system: Android 3.2
• Storage: 16 GB
• RAM: 1 GB
• Display: 500 nit, daylight readable, 10.1” XGA (4:3), capacitive multi-touch with anti-reflective and anti-glare treatment and built in ambient light sensor
• Battery life: 10 hours
• Weight: 2.13 lb. without pen
• Drop rating: 4 ft.
• Temperature rating: 14-122F (operational)
• Dimensions: 10.5 x 8.3 x 0.67 in.