The new Q2 2015 Quarterly Reports are in, which track trending in the heavy equipment auction and resale markets from April 1 to June 30, 2015.
Targeted to auctioneers, original equipment manufacturers, statisticians, equipment analysts and economists, the Q2 2015 Heavy Equipment Auction and Resale Market Trending Reports are part of the Quarterly Report Series of verified industry intelligence studies designed to establish more robust benchmarks for heavy equipment marketplaces.
What did we see in Q2 2015?
In the Auction (Public) Market:
- The Southwestern region of the United States led North America in auction market activity, followed by Canada’s Western region.
- Caterpillar edged out a 52% majority of auction sales by volume in Q2, followed by Deere with 21% of sales.
- Average auction prices for crawler mounted hydraulic excavators produced by Caterpillar, Deere, Komatsu, and Volvo were significantly higher than average auction prices for all other manufacturers.
In the Resale (Private) Market:
- Resale market prices dropped almost 6% between April and May but surged back to their highest point this year in June.
- Caterpillar maintained its strong brand premium in the market for skid steer loaders throughout the second quarter.
- The Midwestern region experienced over twice as much market activity as any other region in the United States.
Click here to download our Quarterly Auction and Resale Reports.
Did you know: The data behind our quarterly reports power EquipmentWatch Values.