CONTECH Construction Products Inc. has announced an evolution in high density polyethylene (HDPE) pipe technology, DuroMaxx™. DuroMaxx exceeds existing HDPE pipe performance by offering RPE (Reinforced Polyethylene), an innovative process to introduce steel ribbing in the pipe resulting in higher strength, durability and flow rates in a watertight bell and spigot joint system.
DuroMaxx is an engineered polyethylene steel composite pipe that presents a structured outer wall profile and a smooth internal surface. Suitable for both drainage and detention applications, DuroMaxx is extruded using high density polyethylene (HDPE) which is embedded with vertical strips of steel. The composite structure creates a pipe with high strength and relatively low material mass resulting in significant performance attributes.
- Lightest-weight structural pipe available, easier to handle and install
- Long-term stiffness = no "creep" = exceptional dimensional control
- Watertight 15 p.s.i. joints (ASTM D3212)
- No stress cracking because of high performance Pressure Rated Resin
- Environmentally friendly product, can contribute to LEED credits
- Manufactured in accordance, and meets ASTM F2562 for non-pressurized drainage and culvert applications
- Installation follows nationally accepted standard ASTM D2321.
DuroMaxx is available in standard 20 foot lengths, and diameters up to 120 inches. In addition, it is compatible with a full range of joint-tight fabricated fittings such as bends, elbows, tees, slope junctions and reducers. The pipe can also be field-modified for custom applications. For more information contact CONTECH at 800-338-1122.