Washington, DC— Associated Builders and Contractors June 18 recognized the nation's top 2007 construction projects during its Excellence in Construction and National Safety Excellence awards celebration at the National Building Museum in Washington, DC.
Six projects from Colorado were among the winners. 2007 Award of Excellence Winners:
- Electrical-Industrial Under $2 million: contractor, Interstates Companies; project, New Belgium Brewing Packaging Hall Expansion, Fort Collins, CO; client/owner, New Belgium Brewing; architect/engineer: Ware Malcomb.
- Electrical Over $10 million: contractor, Industrial Specialty Contractors LLC; project, Meeker 1 — Gas Plant Project, Rifle, CO; client/owner; Enterprise Product Partners LLP; architect/engineer, CB&I/Howe Baker.
- Institutional $25–$99 million: contractor, Pinkard Construction; project, Leeds School of Business, Boulder, CO; client/owner, University of Colorado; architect/engineer, Davis Partnership Architects.
- Pre-Engineered Building Under $2 million: contractor, Thissen Construction Corp.; project, Johnson Dairy, Eaton, CO; client/owner, John Johnson; architect/engineer, High Plains Engineering and Design.
- Renovation $2–$10 million: contractor: Roche Constructors Inc.; project, Rancho Liborio Market, Commerce City, CO; client/owner, MDCS Inc.; architect/engineer, Steel Studios.
- Renovation $10–$99 million: contractor: Hensel Phelps Construction Co.; project, Ameristar Black Hawk Casino Expansion & Renovation, Black Hawk, CO; client/owner: Ameristar Casinos Inc.; architect/engineer: Peckham Guvton Albers & Veits Inc.
ABC's Excellence in Construction awards program recognizes the quality and innovation of merit shop construction and honors all members of the construction team. This year's winners, selected from entries submitted from across the United States, were judged on complexity, attractiveness, unusual challenges, completion time, workmanship, safety and budget.