Staff | September 28, 2010
Salem— The Asphalt Pavement Association of Oregon recently presented its 38th Annual Paving Awards.
The award winners in each category are listed below:
- Commercial/Industrial: First Place, North Bend Municipal Airport, contractor, LTM — Coast; agency, Coos County Airport District; Second Place, High Desert Aggregate & Paving; Third Place, LTM Inc.
- Rural Road: First Place, Polk County Pkg No. 2 — Zena Road; contractor: Knife River — Salem; agency: Polk County. Second Place, Knife River — Central Oregon; Third Place, Jim Turin & Sons.
- Smoothness: First Place, OR 140 Drews Gap — Maddock Corner MP 81.96 to MP 91.69; contractor, Roy L. Houck; agency, ODOT, Region 4, District 11; Second Place, Knife River - Western Oregon Division; Third Place, McCafferty-Whittle.
- Special Project: First Place, Pringle Creek Community; contractor: North Santiam Paving; agency, Sustainable Development; Second Place, Lakeside Industries; Third Place, H & H Paving.
- State Highway High Volume: First Place, I-5 Capitol Hwy — Tualatin River Section MP 294.5 to 289.74 North & South Lanes — Tigard; contractor, Knife River — Western Oregon Division; agency, ODOT, Region 1. Second Place, Oregon Mainline Paving; Third Place, Hooker Creek Asphalt & Paving.
- State Highway Low Volume: First Place, OR 204 — Tollgate Section Weston-Elgin MP 10.7 to 20.6 — LaGrande; contractor, Tidewater Contractors; agency, ODOT, Region 5; Second Place, Parker NorthWest Paving; Third Place, Roy L. Houck.
- Urban Arterial: First Place, Cornelius Pass Road, Rock Creek Blvd, Jackson Road — Cornelius; contractor, Baker Rock Resources; agency, Washington County. Second Place, LTM — Coast.
- Urban Street: First Place: N 9th St - N Hazel St. to N 10th St. — Medford; contractor, LTM Inc.; agency, city of Central Point; Second Place, Hooker Creek Asphalt & Paving; Third Place, Rinker Materials — Salem.