April 12, 2017
Tim Kuniski, head of passenger cars for Dodge, answers the above question:
Good to Know: 2018 Demon standard specs:
- 6.2-liter HEMI Demon V8
- 2.7-liter per rev supercharger
- 770 lb.ft torque in race tune; 717 lb.ft in beer run mode
- Pulls 1.8 g off the line.
- Brakes from 60 to 0 mph in 97 feet.
- Two dual-stage fuel pumps
- Air conditioner also cools the engine bay
- Knock sensors detect drops in fuel quality
- Drive modes include Drag Mode, Auto (Street) Mode, and Custom Mode
- Trick suspension shifts half a ton of weight to back wheels at launch, wheelies Guiness-certified 2.92 feet at take off
- NHRA banned it from the track because it's too fast without a rollcage
- Quarter-mile in 9.65 seconds at 140 mph
- Zero to 60 in2.3 seconds
- First factory production car with transmission brake - locks the transmission output shaft as the driver builds the revs to 2,350 RPM on the start line
- Available 14 exterior colors including Billet Silver, Destroyer Grey, F8 Green, Go Mango, Granite Crystal, Indigo Blue, Maximum Steel, and Octane Red.
- Street legal (barely) ultra-sticky Nitto NT05R 315/40R18 drag radials.. Optional skinny drag strip tires can be bolted on for weekends
- No passenger seats, front or back. (saved 113 pounds leaving them out)
- No audio system - too heavy. Saved 24 pounds
- Three-year/36,000 mile limited warranty, with five-year/60,000 mile limited powertrain coverage.
- Touch screen controls
- Each owner gets tools for the car and a day at Bondurant Driving School in Chandler, Ariz
- Only 3,300 Demons will be built in Brampton, Ontario, beginning late this summer.
- Includes a three-year/36,000 mile limited warranty, with five-year/60,000 mile limited powertrain coverage.
- No price published yet. Figure somewhere less than six figures.