The New York State Thruway Authority launched a website for the construction progress of the $3.9 billion Tappan Zee Bridge. Users can log onto the state's Thruway Authority website, www.newnybridge.com, that features photos and videos of the project.
Users can also click on "construction webcams" which capture panoramic and close-up views of the bridge.
What’s been completed so far:
- 55 percent of the concrete piers that will support the new bridge’s deck have been completed;
- 46 percent of the steel deck girders have been fabricated and 27 percent of them have been barged down the river from Coeymans and lifted into place on the piers, a process that began in June;
- 34 percent of the deck panels have been fabricated and the first ones were barged to the site and placed on the girders last month;
- 13 percent of the concrete for the main towers has been poured since this work started in August;
- 100 percent of the dredging, carried out in seasonal segments over multiple years to protect endangered sturgeon, was completed in September;
- 1,588 people are working on the new bridge now and more than 5,000 have worked on it in the three years to date.