The L45H and L50H wheel loaders have Tier 4-Final engines that the company says provide 15 percent better fuel efficiency than previous models. The L45H has a 100-horsepower Volvo D4J engine; the L50H has a 117-horsepower Volvo D6J. Operating weights are 19,114 and 20,944 pounds, respectively. The L50H has 20 percent more hydraulic pump capacity, leading to 26 percent faster cycle times as compared to previous models, the company says.
H Series loader have Torque Parallel linkage that give the machines high breakout torque and parallel movement throughout the lifting range, the company says. The intelligent load-sensing hydraulic system drives power to the hydraulic functions according to demand for fast response, shorter cycle times, and reduced fuel consumption.
An optional Boom Suspension System (BSS) boosts productivity by up to 20 percent by absorbing shock and reducing bouncing and bucket spillage, the company says.
Volvo L45H, L50H Loader Specifications
- Engine: Volvo D4J
- Power, gross: 100.5 horsepower
- Operating weight: 19,114 pounds
- Breakout force: 13,938 lb.-ft.
- Static tipping load, full turn: 11,662 pounds
- Engine: Volvo D6J
- Power, gross: 116.7 horsepower
- Operating weight: 20,944 pounds
- Breakout force: 15,512 lb.-ft.
- Static tipping load, full turn: 12,676 pounds