New E Series ECR145E and ECR235E excavators have Tier 4-Final engines: 119-horsepower Volvo D4J and 172-horsepower Volvo D6J, respectively. Operating weights range from 31,770 to 36,790 pounds on the ECR145E, and range from 52,250 to 61,440 pounds on the ECR235E.
The ECR145E boasts breakout force of 18,100 lb.-ft., maximum digging depth of 18 feet 2 inches, and lifting capacity along the undercarriage of 7,960 pounds. The ECR235E has breakout force of 28,100 lb.-ft., maximum digging depth of 22 feet 2 inches, and lifting capacity along the undercarriage of 16,770 pounds.
Fuel economy with the new engines, according to Volvo, has been improved by up to 10 percent. Auto idle and engine shutdown further enhance fuel savings. An optimized hydraulics system is combined with the fully electronic control system to improve controllability and response time, the company says. Working in harmony with the Volvo ECO mode, the system optimizes hydraulics to reduce flow and pressure losses for lower fuel consumption.
The newly designed cab features large front and side windows for high visibility and ease of operation, and a wider entrance. A keypad allows operators to navigate through different settings on the 8-inch LCD monitor and activate machine functions.
Volvo ECR145E, ECR235E Specifications
- Engine: Volvo D4J
- Net power: 119 horsepower at 2,000 rpm
- Breakout force: 18,100 lb.-ft.
- Bucket capacity: 0.33-1.07 cubic yards
- Max dig depth: 18 feet 2 inches
- Operating weight: 31,770-36,790 pounds
- Engine: Volvo D6J
- Net power: 172 horsepower at 1,800 rpm
- Breakout force: 28,100 lb.-ft.
- Bucket capacity: 0.47-1.88 cubic yards
- Max dig depth: 22 feet 2 inches
- Operating weight: 52,250-61,440 pounds