Video: Workers Jump from Burning Scissor Lift

July 19, 2016

 

 

Two workers from Hoffman Construction working six floors up on the Simplot building in downtown Boise, Idaho were treated for smoke inhalation and minor burns after a welding blanket in their scissor lift basket caught fire.

Boise Fire safety spokesman Jason Lewis told KBOI 2News, "They were on the lift and it was a long ways for them to be able to make it over to the side of the building to jump off. Workers on the ground level were able to swing the boom over so it was closer to jump from the lift to the sixth floor."

Spokesman Ken Day said Hoffman Construction, the company working on this project, will also be starting up an investigation into what happened Monday afternoon.

Video courtesy Jeff Syddall.

x
expand_less