Every month should be National Safety Month—not just every June—because a one-month awareness blitz isn’t enough when 13,000 American workers are injured each day and preventable injuries are the fourth leading cause of death in the U.S.
The folks at AEM offer a free download (provided below) of an Equipment Safety Infographic poster with colorful messages to help spread the safety message in break rooms, on the shop floor, in classrooms, or anywhere important safety information needs to be shared.
AEM also offers five basic common-sense tips to help your workers focus on safety:
- Take advantage of safety training that is available.
- Be alert and know the work area and the equipment.
- Follow the rules of safe equipment preparation and start-up, operation, and maintenance.
- Set an example: For your wellbeing and the protection of others, encourage fellow workers to act safely.
- Put it in personal terms: think what is important to you that makes you want to stay safe.
And, click on the following links for a couple of good examples of Construction Equipment/AEMP Fleet Masters and Under 40 in Construction Equipment award winners with rock-solid commitments to safety. Share their stories with your staff.
In addition, know that AEM produces an array of safety products, including safety manuals and videos, with major equipment types covering aerial, agriculture, compact/portable, earthmoving, forestry, lifting, road paving, and utility excavation applications.
You can find the AEM safety materials at the great domain name safetymaterials.org.