Renting a Tier 4 machine often means renting a new emissions control procedure. As more equipment requiring DEF floods the market every day, contractors who rent Tier 4 machines need to be aware of how they and their rental house handles diesel exhaust fluid (DEF).
Why? Because contaminated DEF can:
· Increased DEF consumption in equipment
· Loss of its effectiveness to remove nitrogen oxide from engine exhaust
· Malfunctions with the SCR system
· The engine de-rating or shutting down
· Damaged equipment
· Voiding of the manufacturer’s warranty.
Click HERE for what you should look for at your rental house.