Peterbilt will produce a special edition Pride & Class Model 389 truck for North America.
“The new Model 389 Pride & Class embodies that spirit of bold design and legendary craftsmanship,” said Darrin Siver, Peterbilt General Manager and PACCAR Vice President. “Stylistically, this truck deserves a place on a pedestal or in a museum, but it is every bit the workhorse that customers expect from a Peterbilt.
The Pride & Class edition features numerous bright exterior accessories and interior accents, and insignias identify the Model 389 as an exclusive Pride & Class edition.
“The Pride & Class edition appeals to all truck owners who take pride in their vehicles and want to make a lasting impression,” Siver said.
Pride & Class exterior features are from the bloodlines of iconic Peterbilts, the company says, and include:
- A louvered grille design reminiscent of Peterbilt’s Model 351 (first manufactured in 1954) and manufactured from durable polished steel
- A highly polished hood crown
- A brightly polished hood spine
- Polished metal hood air intake vents fashioned in the style of the original 1939’s egg crate grille pattern and integrated with the Peterbilt logo
- Bright metal front fenders evocative of the Model 379X
- Large polished exterior sun visor, bumper and exhaust stacks
- Polished rocker panels complementing the bright cowl skirts, battery box, fuel tanks and trimmed mud flaps.
The Model 389 Pride & Class edition is standard with Peterbilt’s Platinum interior with features such as:
- Arctic gray color complemented by a charcoal dash top
- Blackwood trim accents throughout, including the dash, door pads and sleeper cabinets
- Chrome door handles, bright-bezel gauges and a special four-spoke metal steering wheel with leather wrap
- Bright shifter plate with Pride & Class logo and a Blackwood shifter knob
- Premium black leather seats with the Pride & Class emblem embroidered in the headrests
- Thick black carpeting throughout the cab and sleeper.
The Model 389 Pride & Class edition can be ordered as a day cab or with a 72- or 78-inch sleeper.