National Ready-Mixed Concrete Association is launching a new course titled Green Building with Concrete on July 15 in Silver Spring, Maryland. The course has received the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) Education Provider Program (USGBC EPP) designation.
The USGBC EPP presents professional development courses to further enrich the knowledge and understanding of green building theory, techniques and trends for building professionals. The course provides detailed instruction on how the use of concrete can minimize environmental impact of buildings and public works projects during construction and operation.
Course topics, taught by NRMCA personnel, include:
- The Environmental Attributes of Concrete
- Climate Change and Concrete
- Green Building Rating Systems and Concrete
- Energy Performance of Concrete Building Systems
- Stormwater Best Management Practices
- Optimizing Recycled Content
- Interactive Problem Solving Break-Out Sessions and a Course Assessment
Builders, developers, architects, engineers, contractors, building officials, product suppliers and the general public are welcome to attend.