Liebherr is bringing its brands together to create a new U.S. company.
From the invention of the TK10 - the first mobile tower crane - by Hans Liebherr in 1949 to today, the Liebherr Company has grown to one of the world's largest manufacturers of construction equipment, employing 41,000 people in 50 countries, with sales of $10.5 billion in 2015.
As Liebherr grew, new companies were formed to serve various industries. Now, Liebherr is bringing 8 of its companys under one umbrella to form Liebherr USA.
“As we continue to grow our brand in the United States we are transitioning into a mixed-sales company” said Dr. Torben Reher, Managing Director of Liebherr USA, Co. “We are confident that this new platform will leverage the existing know-how and expertise among Liebherr divisions providing Liebherr business partners and customers with an exceptional and consistent experience in the United States,” Reher continued.
Effective June 1, 2016 the following companies will be incorporated into Liebherr USA, Co:
- Liebherr-America, Inc.,(including Tower Cranes, Refrigerators and Freezers),
- Liebherr Components North America, Co.,
- Liebherr Concrete Technology, Co.
- Liebherr Construction Equipment, Co.,
- Liebherr Equipment Source,
- Liebherr Cranes, Inc.,
- Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News, Co. (Sales & Service in the U.S. only)
- Liebherr Nenzing Crane, Co.
Liebherr USA, Co., the newly formed mixed-sales organization, will serve as the umbrella company and the existing Liebherr sales and service companies will become divisions of Liebherr USA, Co.
The divisions are:
- Mobile and Crawler Cranes Division
- Construction Equipment Division
- MCCtec Division
- Tower Crane Division
- Refrigerators and Freezers Division
- Components Division
- Concrete Technology Division
- Mining Division
“Liebherr USA, Co. will allow us to approach our customers more efficiently and ultimately increase customer satisfaction in the US.” said, Peter Mayr, managing director of Liebherr USA, Co. and head of the Liebherr Construction Equipment Division.