With a larger 7.6-cubic-yard bucket, the WA500-8 wheel loader is up to 10 percent more productive than its Dash 7 predecessor, Komatsu says. The 357-horsepower Tier 4-Final Komatsu engine optimizes power and, with the loader’s improved power train and hydraulic efficiency, can save up to 5 percent in fuel consumption. SmartLoader logic provides optimal engine torque.
In the cab, the loader has an air-suspension seat and new cast frame members for more strength. Pilot controls are mounted on the seat.
A swing-out cooling fan has wider fin spacing and standard auto-reverse for ease of cleaning. Gull-wing engine doors provide access to daily checks and service items.
View the company's walk-around below.
Komatsu WA500-8 Specifications
- Engine: Komatsu SAA6D140E-7
- Power, gross: 357 horsepower @ 1,900 rpm
- Operating weight: 76,908-77,856 pounds
- Bucket capacity: 6.8-8.2 cubic yards
- Dumping clearance: 10 feet 9 inches
- Static tipping load, full turn: 54,542 pounds
- Breakout force: 53,947 pounds