With a 55-horsepower engine, the PC78US-10 is able to attain Tier 4-Final emissions standards without a DPF. The Komatsu SAS4D95LE-6 engine uses a variable-flow turbocharer and a DOC. The company says performance has been boosted by 3 percent over the predecessor machine, and fuel usage reduced up to 5 percent.
A side-by-side radiator and oil cooler enables cleaning, and all major maintenance items are accessible from ground level from either the engine hood, right-side hood, or side-service doors.
New cab design includes:
- ROPS certified cab design with a reinforced cab framework
- High-resolution LCD screen with ecology-guidance data to assist the operator
- Rearview monitoring system with camera
- Secondary engine shutdown switch
- In-cab-monitor control of up to 10 attachments
The tight tail-swing and offset boom enable the machine to work in confined spaces.
Komatsu PC78US-10 Specifications
(download brochure below)
- Operating weight: 16,240 pounds
- Net power: 55 horsepower @ 1,950 rpm
- Bucket digging force: 13,780 pounds