Weighing 51,216 pounds, the XL 5300 III excavator is Gradall’s largest. Maximum reach is 33 feet, 10 inches at grade, and maximum dig depth is 24 feet, 7 inches. Rated bucket breakout force is 25,405 pounds, and the rated boom force is 24,941 pounds. Full-time, four-wheel-drive transfer case delivers power from the hydraulic drive motor to the drive axles. The cab offers increased comfort with sound-deadening capabilities, a large seat with built-in joysticks, and a switch to select the Gradall, Deere or SAE joystick pattern. More than 80 percent of the service parts on all current Gradall machines are interchangeable, the company says.
Gradall XL 5300 III 6 x 4 Specifications
- Net power: 153 horsepower @ 2,200 RPM
- Engine: Detroit Diesel Mercedes OM904 Tier-3 diesel
- Weight: 51,216 lb.
- Maximum Reach at Ground Level: 33’10”
- Maximum Digging Depth: 24’7”
- Boom Tilt: 220-degree continuous