GME has developed a portable modular bridge system designed for rapid delivery and installation at the jobsite. The bridge is available in 10-foot increments from 20- to 50-feet long; each section is 6 feet wide; and two units join together to form a 12-foot wide single lane structure that allows vehicles, equipment, or foot traffic to proceed over or around the construction site or impassable area.
Typically, a bridge can be installed on-site in minutes, making it ideal for short to medium term usage. Units can be loaded onto a truck with a heavy-duty fork truck or small crane. Contractors on-site can install the units using excavators, or small rough terrain cranes.
- Highway Contractors — detour structures
- Municipalities — new construction and emergency replacement for permanent structures
- Utility Contractors — create hauling roads and access over excavations
- Utility Companies — access to remote areas and off-road applications
- Developers — new construction development
- Parks and Golf Courses — new construction and replacement of existing structures
- Events — walkways or access lanes for concerts, sporting events, conventions
Designed to permit the formation of multiple spans in multiple lanes, utilizing standard length units, the fully welded structural steel units feature steel decking for maximum durability. They are designed to meet specific U.S. loading criteria, in accordance with AASHTO-US bridge design code by licensed professional engineers. Each unit can safely handle HS25 loading and typical heavy-duty dump trucks plus units feature a vehicular crash barrier, also designed and detailed to accommodate pedestrian traffic.