In preparation for upcoming safety standards regulating mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPs), Genie has introduced smart technology that monitors loads and adjusts work envelopes accordingly.
Genie Xtra Capacity "XC" boom lifts are designed to continue working when standard lift capacities are exceeded, and avoid machine shut-downs in the process. Instead of shutting down operations at the upper limit of the load capacity, which the new safety standards will require for all units manufactured in 2018 and beyond, Genie XC MEWPs will adjust and display a load chart that will reduce the size of the lifting envelope when capacities are exceeded and allow for continued operation of the lift. For example, series' first model, the SX-135XC telescoping boom lift, has a lift capacity of 660 pounds. When that capacity is exceeded, a reduced lifting envelope will be available for lift loads up to 1,000 pounds.
A load sense cell continuously checks the weight in the platform and adjusts the envelope to match the load chart.
New Generation XC Boom Features
- Genie XC models have the ability to do zero-load field calibration
- Genie booms are equipped with a load sense cell that continuously checks the weight in the platform and adjusts the envelope to match the load chart
- Tilt sensor gives users access to different ranges of motion based on the machine’s rated slope limit even on extreme angles to maximize access to hard to reach work areas
- Genie XC booms have a dual-envelope design to provide an unrestricted range of motion
- The XC platform has a capacity of 660 lb and a restricted operating envelope capacity of 1,000 lbs
- All models are equipped with a load sense cell that continuously checks the weight in the platform and adjusts the envelope to match the load chart
- Updated boom structure increases performance, range of motion and envelope control, with a robust jib capable of handling the standard 1,000 lb maximum capacity
- Genie's XC boom complies with the overload restriction guidelines in the proposed ANSI A92 and CSA B354 industry standards in North America and current European EN280 and Australian AS 1418.10 standards
- Updated CAN-based control system with SmartLink features and consistent, intuitive control layouts
- Onboard diagnostics available with new LCD display at the ground controls allow machine setup, calibration and troubleshooting right on the machine with no need for a laptop or additional accessories
The new generation of Genie booms has an “XC” designation in their nomenclature. Genie XC booms share commonality in design, parts and accessories, as well as serviceability benefits, including easy access to crucial service points, with all Genie products. For more information about the Genie family of XC boom lifts, visit: www.genielift.com.