Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell released a list of 16 road and transit projects that would benefit from the $3.1 billion generated by his transportation funding plan, according to the Washington Business Journal.
The full list of projects includes:
- Dulles Metrorail Extension Project
- Extension of passenger rail to Roanoke, Va.
- Increased train service to and from Norfolk, Va.
- I-66/Route 28 interchange in Fairfax County
- I-95 interchange relocation in Stafford County
- I-95/I-64 overlap improvements in Richmond, Va.
- I-64 capacity improvements between Newport News, Va. and Williamsburg, Va.
- Route 606, Dulles Loop in Loudoun County
- Route 29/666 Interchange in Culpeper County
- Route 340 bridge replacement in Warren County
- I-81 bridge replacement over the New River in Montgomery County
- I-81/I-77 overlap capacity improvements
- Statewide bridge replacements
- Statewide major interstate reconstructive paving projects
- Track improvements Newport News, Va. to Richmond, Va. and Richmond to Washington D.C.
- Statewide unpaved road projects
Earlier this month, McDonnell proposed a plan that would include eliminating the gas tax and raising sales tax for transportation funding.