Last month, Construction Equipment senior editor Walt Moore investigated the new technologies in asphalt compaction. Encouraged by Federal transportation officials eager for this European technology to be applied here, equipment manufacturers have integrated intelligent compaction into their product lines. Now, demonstration projects have put the technology to the test.
ConstructionEquipment.com will host a free webcast event to explore the current state of demonstration efforts. To register, go to https://web1.media.globix.net/client/constequip/2006_0517/21742/launch.htm. Join host Rod Sutton, editor in chief of Construction Equipment, on May 17 for the web-based seminar "Intelligent Compaction: New Technology in Roadbuilding."
Presenters include Bob Horan, P.E., of SALUT Inc.; Matt Corrigan of the U.S. Department of Transportation's Federal Highway Administration, and John Siekmeier, P.E., of the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
Presentations will cover:
- An overview of intelligent compaction
- Highlights from the Federal Highway Administration's strategic plan for intelligent compaction
- How intelligent compaction improves road construction
- Federal plans to demonstrate intelligent compaction technology on a national basis
- What Minnesota's own demonstrations have revealed.
To register, visit https://web1.media.globix.net/client/constequip/2006_0517/21742/launch.htm.