Ford Motor Co. introduced Ford Telematics powered by Telogis cloud-based technology to help fleets run more efficient operations to better serve their customers.
Ford Telematics is the next generation of the fleet management platform previously known as Crew Chief powered by Telogis, which was available in the U.S. and Canada. The new version will be available globally with added analytics features.
Ford Telematics is a suite of cloud-based applications that gives customers visibility into the workday of every driver in the field. The technology is designed to provide customized metrics for any size commercial fleet.
The technology is compatible with most 2009 or newer models of Ford vehicles, including Super Duty and F-150 pickups, Transit, Transit Connect, E-series vans, and Police Interceptor Utility and Sedan. The system will be introduced on F-650/F-750 trucks for 2016.
Ford Telematics services and features include:
- Mobile connectivity: Connects workers in the field with fleet managers to coordinate DOT compliance (including hours of service and driver vehicle inspection reports), work orders and more
- Data reporting: Ford-exclusive data and services for more vehicle intelligence, such as diesel emissions and idle time
- Workflow and information gateways: Integration with new workflows, scripted alerts and application programming interfaces that connect Ford Telematics with customer information systems to leverage data in new ways in the back office or in the field
- In-cab alerts: Provide audible driver feedback on harsh acceleration, hard braking, excessive speed and excessive vehicle idle time
- Driver scorecards: Customizable driver behavior scorecards, dashboards and optional Telogis Coach, an industry-first driver feedback mobile application for Android or iOS
- Fuel management: Fuel management reports and dashboards
- Dashboards: Ready-to-use dashboards monitor driver behavior and operations to help ensure the fleet is running efficiently and productively
- Customizable reports: Easier-to-use reports with new user interface improvements, resource filtering and more output formats