The Hill reports a leaked draft of the long awaited infrastructure plan sums up the Administration's proposed plans in six pages.
According to the undated draft, 50 percent of appropriations would be directed toward a “Transformative Projects Program” which would provide federal grants for projects for core infrastructure projects and would be held to achieving milestones within an identified deadline. The agency administering these grants will define "eligible costs and conduct audits to ensure funds are used appropriately."
Construction projects eligibility for federal grants will be determined using a weighted scoring system:
- 50 percent: Evidence supporting how applicant will secure and commit new, non-federal revenue to create sustainable, long-term funding
- 20 percent: Evidence supporting how applicant will secure and commit new, non-federal revenue for operations, maintenance and rehabilitation
- 10 percent: updates to procurement policies and project delivery approaches to improve efficiency in project delivery and operations
- 10 percent: Dollar value of project
- 5 percent: Evidence to support how project will spur economic and social returns on investment
Grant awards could not exceed 20 percent of the total project cost.