Targeted to auctioneers, original equipment manufacturers, statisticians, equipment analysts and economists, the Q3 2014 Heavy Equipment Auction and Resale Market Trending Reports are part of the Quarterly Report Series of verified industry intelligence studies designed to establish more robust benchmarks for heavy equipment marketplaces.
What did we see in Q3 2014?
In the Auction (Public) Market:
- Total sales fell 38% from last quarter
- Sales of Electric Self-Propelled Scissor Lifts tripled year over year
- Auction prices for Caterpillar equipment continued on a downward trend
In the Resale (Private) Market:
- Prices are up 7% from last quarter for the top 5 subtypes
- The Midwest region accounted for 37.3% of total market share
- Skyjack and JLG combined accounted for 16.9% of resale market listings.
Click here to access our Report Library and download new and previous reports.
Did you know: The data behind our quarterly reports power Green Guide on EquipmentWatch.com.