Nearly 300 asset managers, equipment appraisers and remarketers will convene in Miami, Feb. 22 to 24, 2015 for the 26th Annual Equipment Leasing and Finance Association (ELFA) Equipment Management Conference. The conference will allow professionals in the equipment leasing and finance industry to evaluate the current market conditions, portfolio quality and residual values for a variety of equipment segments.
Highlights of the Equipment Management Conference will include:
- Live, on-site inspections of specialty equipment;
- Off-site equipment tours featuring the Port of Miami and a limestone quarry;
- Update from economist Mekael Teshome of PNC Financial Services Group;
- An exhibition of equipment appraisers, remarketers and others;
- Networking opportunities to help attendees benchmark how their industry peers are positioning for success in 2015; and
- The conference qualifies for ASA recertification.
Education sessions will examine a variety of asset classes and equipment markets. Topics will include:
- The Changing Nature of Demand in the Energy Sector and Its Impact on Equipment;
- Current State of the Intermodal Industry from a Lessor’s Perspective;
- Secondary Market Overview of the Utilities Segment from an Auctioneer’s Perspective;
- Taking the Mystery Out of Regulatory Changes;
- Legal Update: An Interactive Session;
- Machine Tool Values: An Appraiser’s Perspective;
- Credit for the Asset Manager; and
- Basics of Equipment Management.
Sessions also will reveal market trends in medical imaging and oncology, information technology, rail, material handling, marine, semiconductor manufacturing, trucks/trailers and agriculture equipment.
The full conference agenda is available at www.elfaonline.org/events/2015/EMC.