The DX140LC-5, along with the shorter tail swing DX140LCR-5, have selectable Smart Power Control (SPC), which uses Variable Speed Control and Pump Torque Control to improve machine efficiency. The engine control unit manages SPC by reducing engine rpm during low workload requirements and matching hydraulic pump torque and engine response to the task, Doosan says.
Auto shutdown allows operators to set idle time from 3 to 60 minutes. An improved 7-inch LCD screen allows operators to monitor the excavator parameters while viewing the rearview camera image. New additions to the monitor include the DEF gauge and improved fuel efficiency.
The Tier 4 engine uses a high-pressure common-rail (HP/CR) fuel-delivery system and CEGR, DOC, and SCR aftertreatment.
Doosan DX140LC-5 Excavator Specifications
- Power: 113 net horsepower
- Operating weight: 32,783 pounds
- Max digging reach (ground): 27 feet 11 inches
- Max digging depth: 20 feet 1 inch
- Bucket digging force: 24,471 lb.-ft.
- Arm digging force: 13,288 lb.-ft.