Equipment Type

Dog Electrocuted at Chicago Construction Site

Construction safety must come first for everyone.

February 17, 2016

Image: WGN-TV

 

 

A metal pipe lodged into an iron rod fence surrounding construction at the Marshall Field Garden Apartments on Sedgwick Street in Chicago was responsible for electrocuting a dog and hospitalizing his owner.

Tuesday evening, Brian Malone was walking his dog,' LT', past the construction site when the six-year-old mixed breed made contact with a metal pipe attached to a construction fence. Conditions were wet due to light snow. When LT touched the pipe, both he and Malone were jolted by electrical current running through the fence. LT died a few minutes later and Malone was taken to Northwestern Hospital for treatment.

No warning signs were posted at the building site warning of the fence's potential danger to passersby. The Chicago Building Department is investigating the incident.

Source: WGN-TV

More like this

Comments on: "Dog Electrocuted at Chicago Construction Site"

Overlay Init