Model JT5 horizontal direction drill replaces the Ditch Witch JT520 with design upgrades. The compact HDD can fit through a 36-inch yard gate and is 10 feet long. Carriage thrust force is 4,100 pounds, with a pullback force of 5,000 pounds. The unit is powered by a Kubota D1105 engine rated at 24.8 horsepower at 3,000 rpm. A vise-wrench system keeps the drill pipe in place when breaking or making up the tool joint, which can be seen from the operator station. A heavy-duty anchor system improves stability during operation and reduces wear on pipe threads. The hood has been designed for easy removal and easy access to all engine and service points.
JT5 HDD Specifications
- Carriage thrust travel speed: 130 fpm
- Carriage pullback travel speed: 130 fpm
- Thrust force: 4,100 pounds
- Pullback force: 5,000 pounds
- Drilling fluid pressure, max.: 750 psi
- Drilling fluid flow, max.: 5 gpm