Equipment Type

Denver Leads Cities in Construction Job Creation

The $258 million Ralph Carr Judicial Complex and a light-rail expansion are among several projects that pushed Denver to the top of AGC's list of metro areas that added the greatest number of construction jobs between February 2011 and February 2012.

April 12, 2012

The $258 million Ralph Carr Judicial Complex and a light-rail expansion are among several projects that pushed Denver to the top of AGC's list of metro areas that added the greatest number of construction jobs between February 2011 and February 2012.

However, KUSA-TV reports, the 6,300 new jobs created do not make up for the 60,000 jobs lost since the recession. "We're 10% of the way there; we need the other 90% of the jobs, and we've gotten a good start in the last year," said Michael Gifford, with the AGC of Colorado.

Source: AGC

More like this

Comments on: "Denver Leads Cities in Construction Job Creation"

Subscribe Today

Enter your email address here to be automatically subscribed to our daily newsletter!

Overlay Init