John Deere JDLink telematics package is available as a factory-installed option on all new large-frame G-Series skid steers (330G, 332G) and compact track loaders (331G, 333G).
The telematics solution is installed as the machine is being built in Dubuque, Iowa. Increased vehicle security is the top benefit from JDLink for compact equipment. Smaller machines have some of the highest theft rates for construction machines. JDLink enables geofencing (virtual boundaries) and curfews (time frames) that provide an instant alert if the machine is out of customer-defined bounds.
"John Deere has invested heavily over the last decade to become a leading technology solutions provider, not just a manufacturer that produces world-class machines," said Paul Garcia, John Deere WorkSight product manager. "Our exclusive JDLink offering is the gateway to increased productivity, helping customers centrally and smartly manage their entire fleet and grow their business. Our customers asked for telematics capabilities on compact equipment, and we're now delivering it as a factory option with a competitive, three-year subscription on our new large-frame skid steers and compact track loaders."
JDLink allows customers to see machines that are idling excessively, inactive, running at very high loads for long periods of time or moving when they shouldn't be. Specific to the large-frame G-Series machines are:
- Increased security from virtual geofencing and curfew
- The ability to compare multiple machine utilizations and fuel burn rates to share best operational practices
- Enhanced reporting for on-screen visualization or exporting of data for additional analysis
Once the information from a large-frame G-Series machine reaches the JDLink Dashboard, customers and dealer personnel have an easy way to manage machine location, alerts, engine hours, maintenance and JDLink Ultimate data, which includes productivity and efficiency utilization. This enables:
- Integrated planning for job site operations and project management
- Valuable insights into operator performance to identify training gaps
- Increased machine availability through improved maintenance planning and tracking
- Insights to identify when a machine needs attention
- Diagnostic trouble code alerts that are easy to understand and are actionable
- Improved uptime with a robust maintenance planning tool called Maintenance Manager
- Efficient and accurate parts ordering through integration with online parts store
Source: John Deere