With the success of SmartGrade technology on their 700K dozers earlier this year, Deere announces it is now integrating SmartGrade grade control technology into the company's 750K and 850K crawler dozers.
"The launch of our 700K SmartGrade dozer was a huge hit earlier this year, and many of our customers asked for the grade control technology to be integrated into our larger offerings," said Liz Quinn, product marketing manager, John Deere WorkSight.
"The 750K and 850K SmartGrade dozers answer that call. They're easy to set up and are highly productive earthmoving and grading machines intended for road building, site development and residential building applications. Like the 700K SmartGrade dozer, these models are purpose-built and ready to work the moment they roll off the dealer lot."
Adding SmartGrade availability on Deere's larger machines will improve job site accuracy and quality of work through the complete integration of the Topcon 3D-MC2 Grade Control System. The system is fully incorporated into the machine cabin, structures and software — delivering precise grading performance while eliminating vulnerable external masts and cables.
- Auto SmartGrade allows the operator to easily adjust the system when moving the machine from one soil type to another. Unlike after-market systems, which often require the GPS manager to make a trip to the machine to recalibrate the system, Auto SmartGrade automatically lifts the blade over heavy loads before track slippage occurs, then returns the blade to grade.
- The Deere SmartGrade dozers are nearly 7 percent more accurate across the entire speed range of the dozer when compared to conventional masted systems. SmartGrade also limits the number of passes required, reducing the pace of wear on the undercarriage.
- SmartGrade is preloaded with the machine's dimensions in the grade control monitor, so the operator can calibrate the dozer in about 30 minutes. This easy-to-use system is beneficial to new operators to get them up and running quickly.
- SmartGrade is integrated into Deere dozers so there is no need to install blade-mounted sensors and components daily. This reduces setup time and allows operators to get to work.
- Deere's SmartGrade configuration eliminates external cables to the masts and reduces breakage. Also, removing the masts from the blade eliminates vulnerability to damage and theft.
- SmartGrade on the 750K and 850K dozers enhances diagnostics using the John Deere JDLink telematics system to provide valuable uptime information. Fleet managers looking to get the most out of their 750K and 850K SmartGrade dozers can rely on their John Deere dealers to provide Ultimate Uptime featuring John Deere WorkSight. With Ultimate Uptime, owners receive pre-delivery and follow-up inspections; three years of JDLink™ telematics, machine heath prognostics and remote diagnostics, and programming capability; and the ability to add dealer-provided uptime solutions
Deere's 750K and 850K dozers incorporate a PowerTech 6.8-L Final Tier 4 diesel engine with 165 horsepower and 205 horsepower, respectively. Both models feature Eco mode, which automatically adjusts engine power and transmission settings based on load while maintaining ground speed, to help optimize fuel economy.
For additional information, visit www.JohnDeere.com or contact your local dealer.