The Concrete Promotional Group of Great Kansas City (CPG) presented its Excellence in Concrete Awards during a recent awards dinner held at the Arrowhead Stadium Club.
The Judge's Award, for the INSCO Industrial Warehouse and Office in Shawnee, Kan., went to a team that included: Overland Concrete Construction, Inc.; Lockwood Architects, Inc.; Penny's Concrete, Inc.; Carter-Waters Corporation; Amvic Building Systems; QC Construction Products; and Alpha-Omega Geotech, Inc.
The INSCO project included everything concrete from the use of insulating concrete forms to concrete interior radiant heated floors, concrete flatwork, floors, walls, countertops, roof tile, sidewalks, and parking lot.
Twenty-two other projects were honored, including (project and general contractor):
- Sprint Arena, M.A. Mortenson Company;
- Bartle Hall Expansion, Clarkson Construction Co.;
- I-35 Cambridge Circle Renovation, Clarkson Construction Co.;
- H&R Block World Headquarters, J.E. Dunn Construction Co.;
- Argosy Casino Hotel, Walton Construction Co., LLC;
- Internal Revenue Service Campus, J.E. Dunn Construction Co.;
- Kansas City International Airport Apron Replacement, Loch Sand and Construction Co.;
- Chrysler Whitetopping Overlay, Miller Paving and Construction, LLC;
- Westside Family Church Tilt-Up, Excel Constructors, Inc.; and
- Korean War Memorial, Merit General Contractors, Inc.