Olympia— The Washington Department of Transportation and the Associated General Contractors of Washington honored the winners of the 2008 Partnership for Excellence in Contract Administration competition at an awards ceremony in January.
The award program is designed to encourage a collaborative approach to the successful administration of WSDOT construction projects in a manner that is timely, professional and responsive while also considering the needs of all parties affected by the projects. The winners were as follows:
- Eastern Washington Projects Less than $3 million:I-90 Sullivan Road Interchange PCCP I/S Rehabilitation — Acme Concrete Paving Inc., Spokane, contractor, Darrel McCallum, WSDOT project engineer;
- Eastern Washington Projects Greater than $10 million: US 12/Attalia Vic.-Add Lanes — Apollo Inc., Kennewick, WA, contractor; Will Smith, WSDOT project engineer;
- Western Washington Projects Less than $3 million: Terrell Creek Major Drainage — Callen Construction Co., Ferndale, WA, contractor; Chris Damitio, WSDOT project engineer;
- Western Washington Projects $3 million to $10 million: SR 99-Yesler Way Vic. Foundations Stabilization — C.A. Carey Corp., Issaquah, WA; contractor; Mike Askarian, WSDOT project engineer;
- Western Washington Projects Greater than $10 million: SR-202-SR 520 to Sahalee Way Widening and Channelization Stage 2 — Tri-State Construction Inc., Bellevue, WA, contractor; Hien Trinh, WSDOT project engineer.