Caterpillar is providing a no-cost, three-year/5,000-hour powertrain protection plan for about 40 machines equipped with Cat emissions-control systems.
The plan covers parts and labor for powertrain-component failures caused by defects in materials or workmanship, and includes a broad range of components:
• Basic engine; transmission; torque converter/divider; drive line; differentials; drive axles; final drives
• Hydraulic drive pumps and motors used in hydraulic excavators and in machines with hydrostatic drive or differential steering
• Brake components providing steering for track-type tractors and track-type loaders
• Service-brake components internal to covered powertrain components.
Models eligible for the new plan are protected by the company’s standard 12-month warranty from the delivery date, and the automatic EPP coverage also begins at that time and continues for 36 months or 5,000 hours. Customers can upgrade coverage to include hydraulics or can upgrade to Caterpillar Premier Coverage by paying the difference for the added protection.
Coverage extends to all applicable machines sold and operated in the United States and Canada, and coverage is transferable to subsequent owners, subject to provisions available from Cat dealers.
Caterpillar Tier 4 Covered Models
- Hydraulic Excavators: 312E, 316E, 320E, 320E RR, 323E, 324E, 329E, 336E, 349E
- Articulated Trucks: 735B, 740B
- Wheel Loaders: 950K, 962K, 966K, 972K, 980K, 992K
- Crawler Dozers: D6T, D6K2, D6N, D7E, D8T, D11T
- Motor Graders: 120M2, 120M2 AWD, 140M2, 140M2 AWD, 160M2, 160M2 AWD
- Forest Machines: 568
- Wheel Tractor Scrapers: 621H, 623H, 627H
- Asphalt Pavers: AP1000E, AP1055E
- Off-Highway Trucks: 773G, 775G
- Wheel Dozers: 845K