“The Age of Smart Iron," Caterpillar’s new strategy to be the industry leader in digital solutions designed to improve productivity, efficiency, safety and profitability was announced today a bauma 2016, the world's largest construction trade show.
Caterpillar and Zeppelin Cat are exhibiting more than 60 products at bauma 2016.
“While we always love to showcase our machines and engines, we’re equally excited about what’s at the center of our exhibit: Caterpillar technology,” said Caterpillar Group President, Rob Charter. “This is not technology for technology’s sake. It is technology that’s focused on solving, and even anticipating, customer problems. We’re taking the machines, locomotives, engines and parts we’re so well known for and making them smarter, while also equipping the people who operate them with data that makes them more productive, enhances safety and improves sustainability.”
Cat's Connect Technology section features hardware and software available for Cat or competitive equipment that arms customers with information designed to help them optimize their operations. Specific construction technologies on display include:
- LINK, a solution that captures vital performance and product health data and makes that data available on the web to guide decision-making.
- GRADE and COMPACT, two productivity solutions that help operators move material faster, more accurately and with fewer passes.
- PAYLOAD, an on-board system for trucks and loading tools that drives higher efficiency, shorter cycle times and lower cost per ton.
- Cat 360° Advantage, a collaboration between Caterpillar and Cat dealers to deliver a full complement of expertise, technology-enabled equipment and support services that address customers’ jobsite challenges.
- Leverage Every Litre, an educational initiative with tools, tips and resources that help Caterpillar customers improve the fuel efficiency of their products and, as a result, increase its revenue from every liter of fuel burned.
- Product Support Services that enhance the customer’s equipment investment and help maximize its value.
Products on display include Cat's 966M XE wheel loader that features advanced power train design and deep systems integration for higher efficiency and lower total operating costs. Three new pavers, AP300F, AP355F and AP555F, are built with intuitive, accessible technology and a quick-heating screed system that increases productivity and reduces idle time.
The 6015B hydraulic mining shovel is built with class-leading speed and power and optimized to load the Cat 773, 775 and 777 trucks.